Hyatt Associate Director of Event Planning in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of/empathy/and human/connection./We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as/unique/individuals, to enable us to design and deliver/personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, HYATT, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
You will help lead, inspire and motivate an energetic and passionate team of Event Planners who are responsible creating a memorable experience for our guests and clients. You will also ensure the successful coordination and management of all M.I.C.E / catering / Group bookings and generation of future business.
Day to Day
- To control and manage department's objectives and targets as set out in the annual business plan
- To maximise revenue for the Food & Beverage & Rooms Divisions and monitor upselling targets at all opportunities to generate additional revenue.
- To implement and adhere to all company and hotel policies and procedures specific to M.I.C.E. and events in Sales & Marketing, Rooms, Finance, Food & Beverage and Catering
- To manage large volume bookings and handle high end, complex, special pieces of business
- To manage short lead business requests received within 30 days of arrival, in both the contracting and execution phase
- To complete tasks pertaining to the overall operation and management of the department as specified by the Director of Event Planning.
- To ensure there is a strong focus on customer relationship, maintenance and assistance with feedback and complaints.
What we are looking for?
- Previous experience within a five-star hotel or deluxe meeting venue would be advantageous
- Previous experience managing a large and passionate team
- Extensive knowledge of event service operations
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationship with internal and external customers
- Computer skills in MS Office and outlook essential, Opera/Envision EMS/RESERVE are desired
- Previous reservation/Front Office experience would be advantageous
- MUST have an unrestricted working visa for Australia.
At Grand Hyatt Melbourne, we embody our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. Everything that we do for our guests is mirrored in what we do for our most important asset – YOU!
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full Time and Part Time only)
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: MEL001227
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.