Hyatt Development Finance Analyst in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Development Finance analyst will provide analytical support to the Global Development Group, Corporate Transactions Group, Asset Management, Financial Planning &Analysis and Special Projects. This position will report to the Manager, Development Finance.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Support the Development Group in evaluating potential new hotel development projects and multi-asset acquisitions, focusing on valuation and analysis of proposed transactions.
- Conduct due diligence and coordinate with internal and external specialists in tax, law, accounting, treasury, operations, and construction disciplines.
Corporate Transactions Group / Asset Management:
- Support and partner with the Corporate Transaction Group in evaluating the financial impact of various workout resolutions including financial valuation and contract summarization.
- Review and summarize, in a situational analysis, financial performance, contract specifics, property positioning, and capital needs.
Financial Planning & Analysis and Special Projects:
- Prepare financial analysis of single units or portfolios in support of new brand development or repositioning, evaluation of new programs, and support of owner requirements.
- Provide support in the evaluation of strategic initiatives for the Company ranging from regional development strategies to overall company financial strategy.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Support Manager through completion of required valuations.
- Communicate effectively among team members and with internal and external clients.
- Present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making.
- Support annual update of valuation and pro forma assumptions.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our valuation methodology.
- Support the enhancement of the development finance team’s processes and procedures.
- Actively pursue learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 1 to 3 years underwriting and financial analysis experience in hospitality desired.
- Knowledge of the hotel industry and valuation disciplines, a plus – brands and market positioning, market drivers, operations and performance metrics.
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, mathematics, hospitality, or a technical field.
- Strong analytical skills, Excel spreadsheet skills (macro development, complex formulas, etc.)
- Ability to support multiple projects, deliver results in a timely and professional manner, and communicate effectively with team members.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008932