Hyatt Sr. Systems Engineer - VMWare in CHICAGO, Illinois
This Resource is critical for supporting Hyatt’s Infrastructure Operations. His/Her level of expertise in VMWare and DataCenter Server Operations will be beneficial for providing assistance for on-going internal projects and maintenance activities mostly within the systems engineering area of responsibilities. He/She will support the company’s overall strategy to scale towards a hybrid IT model with focus mostly on virtualization and on-prem dataCenter operations.
- Perform daily systems monitoring and making sure of a highly available virtual environment and datacenter equipment.
- VMWare product suite installation, configuration, and maintenance but not limited to vCenter, vRealize suite, ESXi, Update Manager, and vSAN.
- Develop VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance and capacity planning.
- Maintenance of server backups and snapshots.
- Perform upgrades and firmware patches for virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation for 24/7 operations.
- Provide configuration management and security compliance for virtual infrastructure and datacenter server equipment.
- Standardize virtual server provisioning and support SysEng automation efforts.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on issues and root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
- Assisting with the evaluation of next generation hardware and ensure direct fit with Hyatt Infrastructure and business use-cases.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 7 Years of Enterprise Level experience in virtualization technologies such as VMWare and HyperV
- 7 Years in racking/stacking servers (Dell/HP/CISCO/IBM product line)
- 3 Years in working with backup and storage solutions (Pure Storage, Tintri, Cohesity)
- 3 Years in working with Databases in a virtualized environment (Oracle, Postgresql, SQL Server)
- Associate or College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field is preferred; however any combination of education, experience, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position are acceptable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- VMWare VCP (desired but not required)
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- VMWare Tools (PowerCLI, PowerGUI, Powershell, RVTools, PuTTY)
- Shell scripting (desired but not required)
- Service-Now, Remedy, JIRA or similar ticketing solution
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Strong troubleshooting and incident resolution skills.
- Knowledge of basic networking, switching, DNS, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Change Management and Security
- Ability to travel to Chicago/Phoenix DataCenter (25-50%), and other co-locations as needed.
- Self-motivated on learning new technologies and help the team realize its value thru innovation
- Ability to work independently with limited direction but still being collaborative in nature
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008761
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.