Hyatt Lead Line Cook- Restaurant in DENVER, Colorado
This posting is for an Advanced Pastry Cook for our restaurant, Courier Market Bar Kitchen at Grand Hyatt Denver, located in downtown Denver. The Advanced Pastry Cook position focuses on preparation of pastry products and executing dessert orders during meal periods, and is responsible for working as part of a creative team and preparing a consistently high quality of pastry products, baked goods and desserts.
Candidates must have open availability for all shifts, on any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. The typical shift is 2:30pm to 11:00pm but flexibility to work morning shifts is needed as well.
This is a full-time opportunity and offers several benefits, including insurance packages, generous paid time off benefits, retirement plans, free hotel night stays, and much more.
If you are ready to be a part of this fun, fast paced restaurant team, please apply! This is an opportunity to shine and show your skills and speed to our diverse group of guests and associates. We have a strong focus on cleanliness, organization and food safety. Come enjoy our positive working environment and all the great benefits of working for Hyatt!
$14.60 per hour.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
- Must have at least 2 years of professional pastry experience.
- Must have good communication skills and demonstrate creativity.
- Formal culinary training preferred, but not required.
- This position requires the ability to stand for the duration of the shift; and to lift, push and carry a moderate amount of weight.
- This position involves following recipe cards and executing verbal tasks with minimal supervision
- This position involves maintaining a prep inventory, and keeping all items labeled, dated, and rotated for freshness.
- This position involves being responsible for every aspect of the station assigned to.
* Requires good communication skills. * 3 years of previous line experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred. * Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills. * Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen. * Requires moderate supervision and training.
Primary Location: US-CO-Denver
Organization: Grand Hyatt Denver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DEN005755
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.