Hyatt Director of Global Communications, Asia Pacific in HONG KONG, China
Hyatt is a global leading hospitality company with over 700 managed and franchised properties worldwide. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners. We are looking for an empathic, culturally-diverse, self-motivated, consultant-minded-like communications leader who is passionate with travel industry and enjoys people interaction.
Position Summary As Director of Global Communications, Asia Pacific, this position will report to Regional Vice President - Global Communications, Asia Pacific. The selected incumbent is responsible to develop and be accountable for strategic programs in support of the brand’s marketing, operations, human resources, and development objectives. The Director of Global Communications, Asia Pacific will also work with key function’s leaders to implement those initiatives in a way that delivers measurable results in Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities The duties and responsibilities of the Director of Global Communications, Asia Pacific will include:
- Lead or support new opening and existing hotel marketing and communications in partnership with Sales and Revenue and the key marketing functions, i.e., digital, social, field marketing, with the focus of telling the hotel and brand stories, developing the messaging framework, media communications (press release, press conference, media road shows, opening ceremony, media fam trip post opening), executive media coaching and briefing book preparation, internal announcement, speech drafting. This will be the key focus of the role.
- Protect brand reputation by implementing crisis and issue management communications for hotels in the region.
- Position the brand as the one of the best working places in hospitality industry by communicating the company’s human care philosophy.
- Lead and develop news bureau exercise in the region.
- Develop relationships and maintain active contact with local/regional/national press and bloggers that will benefit the brand.
- Leverage internal and external resources (Corporate PR staff, local hotel PRs and agencies) to maximize productivity, results and message consistency.
- Provide content support for various marketing functions, i.e., social media, digital campaigns.
- Support and implement all Global Communications initiatives on on-going and as-needed basis, including, but not limited to issues management, executive visibility initiatives and crisis communications.
- Manage the communications agency resources.
- Develop and lead key communications and integrated marketing communications campaign in the region to ensure effective and efficient project management and trackable results.
* Over 10 years of communications background and with some years of hospitality experiences. * Knowledge of working among diverse cultures and business practices in Asia Pacific. * Strong strategic thinking capability. * Dynamic with high levels of energy and drive. * Highly results oriented with a demonstrable track record of success. * Self-motivated and highly flexible, with an ability to work in a global environment. * Strong inter-personal, and persuasion skills. * Fluent in English and Mandarin language.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Hyatt employs 100,000 associates worldwide and has revenues 4.7B annually. Hyatt has been recognized one of the top 100 companies to work 203 thru 2017. https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/100-best/2018
Primary Location: CN-91-Hong Kong
Organization: ASPAC Regional Office - Gateway
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: HON003423