Hyatt Human Resources Officer in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of/empathy/and human/connection./We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as/unique/individuals, to enable us to design and deliver/personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, HYATT, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt.
A wonderful and unique opportunity is now available to join the Grand Hyatt Melbourne Human Resources team as a Human Resources Officer focusing on the generalist aspects of Human Resources.
This role will provide essential support to the Human Resources division and in-turn, the Hotel, as it focuses on a variety of administration responsibilities as well as general associate enquiries, internal communication and recruitment needs.
Day to Day
- Assisting with the efficient running of the Human Resources department in line with our purpose of caring for people so they can be their best
- 360 degree Recruitment and selection of new Hyatt family members who align with our culture and understand the power and practice of Empathy.
- Process fortnightly payroll audits for the hotel, ensuring efficient support is provided to hotel managers and the Hyatt Australia payroll team for smooth running of the hotel payroll
- To coach and guide Department Heads, Managers and Supervisors in the area of associate relations/industrial relations.
- Deliver key Hyatt learning and development modules
- Handling complex and confidential administrative assignments, answering telephone and handling requests for information at an advanced level
Other tasks as assigned
What we are looking for?
Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide professional and friendly support to our fellow associates (our guests) and Leadership team
- Be highly organised and maintain excellent attention to detail
- Have strong problem solving skills, administrative, computing and database management skills
- Have genuine interest in the Human Resources field
- A university degree qualification in Human Resources or similar is certainly an advantage.
- This position would be ideal for a recent graduate looking to kick start their career in Human Resources and gain some first-hand exposure in an environment that is high volume and requires our team members to be generalists across various areas of Human Resources.
- Previous work experience in a hotel environment would also be highly desirable.
At Grand Hyatt Melbourne, we embody our brand promise of delivering Moments of More by offering challenging and rewarding careers that are more than just your typical job. Our values of Fun, Creativity, Respect, Empathy, Integrity, and Humility at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. Everything that we do for our guests is mirrored in what we do for our most important asset – YOU!
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (after 1 year of service)
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: MEL001389