Hyatt Executive Secretary in MUMBAI, India
Administration · Handles day-to-day correspondences on behalf of the General Manager where applicable.
· Maintains item records and forms as required by the corporate management and policies.
· Maintain list of follow up for different division’s & departments in a logical manner. Seek updates & closure for follow up as per assigned dates.
· Coordinate with Leadership Committee & Department Heads on follow up.
· Coordinate in making & managing appointments for GM . Pro-actively book / organize meeting space & necessary equipment’s as required. Make tentative appointments so that time is blocked on calendar till meeting is confirmed.
· Provides administrative support to EAM Rooms; ensures the implementation of hotel policies, standards, and procedures as they apply to the administrative functions.
· Types, files, and upkeeps all private and confidential matters related to the department.
· Sets up a systematic and efficient filing system, both for hardcopies as well as all electronic data, that enables quick retrieval; ensures all files are kept up-to-date at all times.
· Prepares the relevant materials for all meetings attended by GM / EAM Rooms.
· Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
· Prepares reports, letters, memorandums, fax, outgoing mail etc as assigned by the General Manager whilst ensuring the strictest levels of confidentiality at all times.
· Types, takes dictation and minutes, draft letters, files and traces and composes correspondence.
· Ensures travel authorisation forms are fully completed and signed by the respective executive before handing over to the Director of Finance for signature.
· Checks and updates Leadership Committee & Rooms Division Managers leave plan for the year & attendance records in conjuncture with requirements for Human Resources.
· Maintains office organisation and maintenance whilst ensuring that all contracts and financial documents are safeguarded.
· Ensures that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manually as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Provides excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate employee.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan.
· Embraces all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”. Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Ensures that place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
· Be fully conversant with all duties of the secretary and to ensure that in the absence of the other Secretaries, provide coverage of duties as required.
· Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Administration function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Well developed computer knowledge, particularly in the use of MS Office and email.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as an executive assistant preferably in a hotel or a large company.
- The Executive Assistant is required to have proficient English language skills - verbal, reading and written.
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000656
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.