Hyatt Event Services Manager (Banquets) in NEW YORK CITY, New York
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. Development opportunities and career path options are endless with Hyatt; there's virtually no limit to where your ambition can take you in our world-class organization. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt employees are forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt employees are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt employees are customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
Goal of the Event Services Manager : Effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of the Events Department. This is including providing support and guidance to the banquet team, The Catering and Convention Services team, the Convention Services floor department and Banquet Beverage. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
The Event Services Manager Responsibilities may include:
- Supports and Manages the Events Department while working closely with the Food and Beverage Director and other hotel departments. Leadership responsibilities may also include Convention Services Set Up and Banquet Beverage.
- Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including captains, food servers, and lead house attendants towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement
- Ability to assist the hotel in reaching top box service scores on our Meeting Planner surveys. Ensure thorough communication and understanding with guests and other departments by reviewing Banquet Event Orders. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Catering/CS, CS Floor and Beverage
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
- Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Administrative tasks may include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions
- Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions Event Services Manager are an integral part of the hotel's overall Food and Beverage team. Your colleagues will work along with the Restaurant Manager, Executive Steward, Beverage Manager, and Room Service Manager to ensure a successful Food & Beverage Team. Experience in the previous mentioned areas will guide you to the next step in your career path as an Assistant Food & Beverage Director.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Event Services Managerand find yourself as the Assistant Food & Beverage Director within a few years. Three quarters of Hyatt's management staff is promoted from within, just about all of our function heads are promoted internally as well. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- A true desire to understand and anticipatethe needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Previous experience as a Event Services Manager/Assistant, Event Services Captain or Event Services Supervisor preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: Park Hyatt New York
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW007843