Hyatt Marketing Manager in SEATTLE, Washington
The new Hyatt Regency Seattle is recruiting for the Marketing Manager to be a part of this exciting pre-opening team!
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to implement the pre-opening marketing plan as well as to research, develop and implement the annual integrated marketing and communications plan to support the business objectives for the hotel. The plan should include objectives(s), strategies and tactics for each of the hotel’s market segments and outlets (bar and restaurant). The ultimate goal is to heighten market presence, increase positive awareness, strengthen brand loyalty, increase market share and most importantly, produce increased revenues and profitability. She/he will promote awareness and maintain a positive brand image of the property and outlets (restaurant and bar) on a local, regional and national level through consistent and targeted marketing and digital campaigns and Public Relations. She/he will ensure that the hotel’s brand position is present in coverage, messages are compelling and insights and reporting are accurate.
As a member of the hotel’s pre-opening team, one must be resourceful, flexible and able to adapt to unusual and unexpected events and outcomes while remaining professional and focused on the job at hand. There may be occasions when requests will be made to assist in other areas of the hotel outside of the traditional marketing role.
- Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in managing the annual agency budgets and plans (public relations, advertising and online) as well as the local hotel marketing plan and budget
- Plan, research or coordinate with vendors and help supervise the production of marketing materials, reports, and promotional and internal communications materials. Primary contact for vendors.
- Provide direction to the public relations agency on media placement goals in targeted media outlets
- Establish and/or cultivate relationships with the media at a local, regional, national and International level; maintain updated media databases
- Share direct media requests with the agency and ensure agency is monitoring editorial calendars in top travel, consumer and trade publication opportunities. Coordinate with the agency proactive and reactive onsite press visits
- Coordinate with agency to secure and execute press FAM trips and/or partner with local CVB on existing FAM trips and individual journalist visits
- Manage social media strategy, messaging and ideation for hotel and outlet accounts
- Manage email, digital and content strategy and messaging in each of the channels and websites
- Meet weekly with Director of Sales and Marketing to stay current on changing business needs in order to develop and/or revise tactics to address concerns and opportunities
- Through pre-opening and then into operating, identify cadence for the hotel’s marketing meetings. Develop agenda in advance as well as manage follow-up.
- Assist in the development, coordination and publication of special events to generate positive awareness and support the marketing revenue objectives of the hotel and outlets, as needed.
- Review and approve with Director of Sales & Marketing on all creative content and written press releases
- Manage and handle all requests for on-property filming. Includes development of location fee schedule, assessing value of requests for trade for filming and managing on-property coordination and billing
- Assist in evaluating promotional and programming opportunities presented to hotel as well as help develop promotions and partnerships to meet the hotel’s marketing and revenue objectives
- Forge and maintain relationships with organizations including key local and industry-related organizations – CVB, Chamber of Commerce, local government, hospitality trade associations, etc.
- Support Director of Human Resources on Hyatt Thrive community involvement projects and publicizing efforts where appropriate.
Participate in brand training and annual regional Marketing Summit
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch. / / / Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. /
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing or Business is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years Marketing experience required.
- Prior experience marketing hotel of similar size and market segment preferred.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher.
- Web research skills and familiarity with major social media resources required.
- Basic design capabilities and HTML skills preferred
- Must be able to communicate professionally, both written and verbal.
- Strong ability to write professionally and communicate in writing required.
- Must be able to access all areas of hotel/resort required.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis required.
- Familiarity with the Seattle area is preferred.
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
Organization: Hyatt Regency Seattle
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SEA002082