Hyatt Global Communications Director, Japan and Micronesia in TOKYO, Japan
Hyatt is a global leading hospitality company with over 700 managed and franchised properties worldwide. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners. We are looking for an empathic, culturally-diverse, self-motivated, consultant-minded-like communications leader who is passionate with travel industry and enjoys people interaction.
Position Summary As Global Communications Director, Japan and Micronesia, this position will report to both Regional Vice President – Brands and Field Marketing and Regional Vice President – Global Communications, Asia Pacific. The selected incumbent is responsible to develop and be accountable for strategic programs in support of the brand’s marketing, operations, human resources, and development objectives. The Global Communications Director, Japan and Micronesia will also work with key function’s leaders to implement those initiatives in a way that delivers measurable results in Japan and Micronesia.
Responsibilities The duties and responsibilities of the Global Communications Director, Japan and Micronesia will include:
- Protect brand reputation by implementing crisis and issue management communications for hotels in Japan and Micronesia.
- Position the brand as the one of the best working places in hospitality industry by communication the company’s human care philosophy.
- Lead and develop news bureau exercise in Japan and Micronesia.
- Support new opening and existing hotel marketing and communications in partnership with Sales and Revenue and the key marketing functions, i.e., digital, social, field marketing, with the focus of telling the hotel ad brand stories, developing the messaging framework, media communications (press release, press conference, media road shows, opening ceremony, media fam trip post opening), executive media coaching and briefing book preparation, internal announcement, speech drafting. This will be a key focus for the role.
- Develop relationships and maintain active contact with local/national press that will benefit the brand.
- Leverage internal and external resources (Corporate PR staff, local hotel PRs and agencies) to maximize productivity, result and message consistency.
- Provide content support for various marketing functions, i.e., social media, digital campaigns including, but not limited to issues management, executive visibility initiatives and crisis communications.
- Manage the communications agency resources.
- Develop and lead key communications and integrated marketing communications campaign in Japan and Micronesia to ensure effective and efficient project management and trackable results.
* Over 7-10 years of communications background and with some years of hospitality experiences. * Knowledge of working among diverse cultures and business practices in Japan. * Strong strategic thinking capability. * Dynamic with high levels of energy and drive. * Highly results oriented with a demonstrable track record of success. * Self-motivated and highly flexible, with an ability to work in a global environment. * Strong inter-personal, and persuasion skills. * Fluent in English and Japanese language - both speaking/listening, reading and writing.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is global hospitality company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Hyatt employs 100,000 associates worldwide and has revenues 4.7B annually. Hyatt has been recognized one of the top 100 companies to work 203 thru 2017. https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/100-best/2018
Primary Location: JP-Kanto-Tokyo
Organization: Hyatt Regional Offices
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TOK000788