Hyatt Director of Operations in TORONTO, Canada
Assists the General Manager with the oversight of all aspects of Property Management in accordance with hotel mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and associate development within established quality standards. The incumbent is accountable for the daily operations and performance of all Rooms and F&B departments.
Oversees overall day-to-day hotel operations as delegated by the General Manager;
- Participates in the development of short-term / long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the Hotel.
- Assists General Manager with the execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities; producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Assists General Manager with the monitoring of the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports; suggesting and implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints; suggesting and implementing corrective actions.
- Creates an operating environment and mechanisms that assures consistent guest satisfaction. Ensures proper handling of guest complaints.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate technology solutions to increase customer service and hotel revenues.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Rooms and F&B Divisions.
- Supervises and motivates designated reports; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the hotel’s policies, SOPs, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, provincial, or municipal authority.
- Ensures implementation of applicable preventive maintenance programs that protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- As required of all hotel associates, assists any customer or potential customer in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner at all times.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years Rooms Division Manager and/or Operation Manager experience, or minimum of 5 years’ experience as cross-functional Department Head in a unionized Hotel or related industry.
- Post -secondary degree in Business Administration, or Hotel Management & Tourism.
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding guest service.
- F amiliarity with Canadian and provincial employment and labour law.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates, management, and guests.
- Excellent organizational, computer, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Organization: Hyatt Regency Toronto
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: TOR001190