Hyatt Assistant Food and Beverage Director - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The Asst F&B Director is a 100% hands-on working manager who will organize and direct the activities of all Dining Room personnel. They will work in conjunction with the Executive Chef and Resort Manager to oversee our main restaurant and two outlets, plus the banquet, and in room dining functions. In addition, be involved with development and execution of culinary programming. The Asst F&B Director provides staff with effective, ongoing training to ensure that guests receive courteous, efficient and professional service that is reflective of our resort's status.
- Develop and maintain a unique, multi-faceted restaurant environment that offers a comfortable dining experience.
- Maintains the ambiance of Miraval through appropriate symmetry, uniformity, cleanliness and equipment control by daily inspection and notification for correction to appropriate personnel.
- Select a caring staff with the highest qualifications to meet and exceed the service standards established by the organization.
- Develop service standards, guidelines and procedures to insure that each internal and external guest receives anticipatory service.
- Control seating with regard to service standards, guest needs, and dining room and culinary capabilities.
- Assist service staff with all duties required to insure service standards through "hands on" management. Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints.
- Record all information regarding Food Services Revenue, amounts, covers, challenges and pertinent communications of guest and staff.
- Generate staffing schedules on a weekly basis that are in alignment with current forecasts; Control labor costs and overtime.
- Prepare daily and weekly payroll sheets in addition to daily accounting procedures as required.
- Review financial transactions and expenses in order to optimize operating efficiency and establish effective cost controls to insure budget limitations are not exceeded. Develop and implement processes and procedures to eliminate and prevent waste.
- Estimate Food Services costs, purchase supplies and requisition goods from the Food Services storeroom to insure that the department is always at optimum stock levels.
- Schedule and participate in frequent departmental meetings and training sessions. Attend all required organizational meetings.
- Meet weekly with Events/Sales/Marketing to review BEO's for future banquets & special events.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of F&B operations and management as applied to the hotel, spa and resort industry.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively train, coach, evaluate, and correct employee behavior.
- Ability work flexible and extended hours as required by the operations of the resort.
- Familiarization with resort industry success measures and strategies for product positioning and brand management.
- Broad-based, up-to-date knowledge of hospitality trends, tools and resources.
- Ability to write effective business communications, summaries and reports using both prescribed and creative formats.
Ability to effectively monitor and control expenses, allocate financial resources and maintain budget restrictions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or a related field of study is preferred. Extensive knowledge of high-end Food & Beverage operations, to include menu development and wine selection (knowledge of spa cuisine a plus). The person must have a minimum of 3 years of F&B Management experience in a senior role within a luxury hotel or resort.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: TUC000332