Hyatt Culinary 3 - Full Time in WAILEA, Hawaii
Andaz Maui at Wailea is the first resort for the Andaz brand. Situated on Maui’s premier southwestern coastline, the 15-acre beachfront resort is located along Mokapu Beach in Wailea, one of the most sought after leisure and resort destinations in the world. The luxury resort community of Wailea includes a 1.2 mile-long oceanfront beach path connecting five crescent-shaped, golden-sand beaches, a premier shopping center and distinguished restaurants.
The Culinary 3 position must have a passion for food and the ability to execute food items at the highest level. Must be able to work hot-side, pantry portions and all aspects of the kitchen. This could be an entry level position that an employee must have some kitchen or culinary education experience. Must be able to run a station in multiple style kitchens and execute food for guests. Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
· One to two year’s experience within the culinary department in a high end resort or hotel setting preferred.
· Must be able to stand on feet for multiple hours at a time and be able to lift up to twenty-five lbs.
· Prepare food items per guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mise en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct and control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Must be proficient with local and state food safety and sanitation procedures and codes.
• Refined Communication skills & polished presentation required
• 1-2 years of previous line experience.
• Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
• Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
• A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Primary Location: US-HI-Wailea
Organization: Andaz Maui at Wailea
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: WAI000868
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.